There are a few reasons why the iPhone doesn’t have a built-in radio:
- Streaming services: Many people now use streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music, and Pandora to listen to music and other audio content. These services allow you to listen to a wide variety of music and other audio content without the need for a radio.
- Data usage: Streaming music and other audio content over the internet uses data. If a radio were built into the iPhone, it would likely use a significant amount of data, which could be a concern for people with limited data plans.
- Space constraints: The iPhone is a compact device, and adding a radio would likely require additional components, which would take up more space and make the device larger.
- Battery life: A built-in radio would likely consume more battery power, which would decrease the overall battery life of the device.
- Cost: Adding a radio to the iPhone would likely increase the cost of the device.
- Trends: The trend of listening to music on the go shifted from carrying a portable radio to carrying a portable music player like iPod and now it shifted to streaming music on smartphones.
It’s worth noting that there are third-party apps that can be downloaded from the App Store that can turn your iPhone into a radio by streaming radio stations from the internet.