Screen recording on a Mac is a feature that allows users to record their computer screen, including audio and mouse clicks. This feature can be used to create tutorials, demos, gameplay footage, presentations, and more.
The screen recording feature on Mac is built into the operating system and can be accessed by pressing Command + Shift + 5 on the keyboard. This will open the screen recording tool, which allows users to select the portion of the screen they want to record and start the recording. Once the recording is finished, the video will be saved in the “Screenshots” folder in the “Pictures” directory.
In addition to the built-in screen recording tool, Mac users can also use the built-in QuickTime player to record their screens. This method provides more advanced recording options, such as the ability to record audio from a microphone and the option to record a specific window or application.
Why do we need a screen record?
There are several reasons why people might need to record their computer screens, including:
- Creating tutorials or demos: Screen recording is a great way to create visual instructions or demonstrations for software, websites, or other digital products.
- Recording webinars or online meetings: Screen recording allows participants to record and save online meetings or webinars for later review or reference.
- Recording gameplay: Gamers can use screen recording to capture and share their gameplay footage with others.
- Recording presentations: Screen recording can be used to record presentations, lectures, or other educational material for later review.
- Troubleshooting: Sometimes, when reporting a technical problem to a support team, it can be helpful to provide a video recording of the issue so that it can be more easily understood and resolved.
- Recording bug: The recording screen is a great way to report bugs in the software development process.
- Create promotional content: Screen recording can be used to create promotional content for websites, apps, or other digital products.
How to Screen Record on Macbook
- Press Command + Shift + 5 on your keyboard to open the screen recording tool.
- Select the portion of the screen you want to record using the available options.
- Click the red “Record” button to start the recording.
- Click the “Stop” button in the menu bar or press Command + Control + Esc to stop the recording.
- The recorded video will be saved to your “Screenshots” folder in the “Pictures” directory.
Alternatively, you can also use the built-in QuickTime player to record your screen.
- Open QuickTime player
- Go to File > New Screen Recording
- Click the red record button
- Select the portion of the screen you want to record
- Click start recording
- Click stop recording when done
- The video will be saved in your Movies folder.
Read Also How to Create AppleID